For planning authorities
Updates and reviews of planning policy documents to ensure consistency and adherence to support sustainable development. We have a proven track record of assessing:
- strategic planning documents
- site appraisals
- neighbourhood plans
- conservation area appraisals
- peer review of documents.
Example project: Historic Area Assessment (HAA), Reading.
Heritage assets can be an attraction, a positive opportunity or a future risk, depending on long-term management. We provide heritage advice, assessing opportunities and mitigating risks, to assist you in managing heritage effectively. We have experience of producing conservation management plans and providing heritage input into:
- landscape management plans
- ecology management plans
- local authority management assets plans
- land management and stewardship schemes.
Example project: S&K Buildings, Birmingham.
Heritage projects are rewarding and cost-effective, whether undertaken to enhance sustainable development or are community-driven. Commercial benefits of increasing voluntary and community engagement include raising awareness of your profile, brand exposure in blogs, providing advertising opportunities and engaging your employees. There are a wide range of projects to choose from and we provide you with a tailored and flexible outreach programme through:
- outreach projects
- display and interpretation at heritage or development site
- walking tours and power point presentations on local heritage
- heritage input into neighbourhood plans.
Example project: Drews site, Caversham Road, Reading.
For everyone – heritage training
We provide presentations, tailored to our clients’ requirements, for continuing professional development. In addition, we provide outreach activities to local communities and schools where we can offer:
- training days for local societies and community groups
- heritage activities for schools.